[OFB Cafe] Vista Woes

Rick Bowers rwbowers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:59:32 CDT 2009

At 7/3/2009 03:59 PM, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>         The printer works fine on another, Windows ME computer
> (gasp, I know)
>and it works fine on the problem computer when using an Ubuntu Live CD.
>
>         Any ideas?
>
>         Thanks,
>                 Tim

On further reflection, I grabbed the drivers and utilities from the
Brother web site. You might also want to get, and run, the driver
uninstall utility. That should clean everything up and allow for a
clean install of the new drivers. With Windows, it's usually a good
idea to reboot after uninstalls and installs so that the memory
resident stuff gets properly unloaded/deleted (uninstall) and loaded (install).

I suppose it goes without saying, but make sure you get the
appropriate 32- or 64-bit version.

These worked fine for me. FWIW, I don't have the ethernet option on
my printer. My printer is connected via USB.

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/download_top.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=hl1440_all