[OFB Cafe] Less Bars in More Places: AT&T Network Upgrades Degrade 2G Performance

Donald Spoon drspoon at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 3 01:01:24 CST 2009

Timothy Butler wrote:
> I thought everyone might be interested in my "investigative report" on
> 3G upgrades that AT&T is doing. The upgrades are causing moderate to
> severe problems on perfectly functional 2G handsets -- everything from
> the basic Nokia candybar to the original iPhone.
>
> http://www.ofb.biz/safari/article/512.html

Tim,

Thanks!  How do you know if your phone is 2G or 3G capable?  I just got
the wife a Nokia 6085 cell phone for Christmas, and wonder if I did the
right thing... We are doing the "GoPhone" thing with AT&T, and are not
committed to any contract.  Any other info you can provide is most welcome!

-Don Spoon-