[OFB Cafe] Democrats Own the Wall Street Debacle

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Sep 18 21:33:54 CDT 2008

Fred Smith wrote:
> To believe that the democrats were responsible for the current
> financial situation, you'd have to be dumber than John "Spain is in
> South America" McCain. The main reason that these banks are all
> failing is due to the deregulation of the banking industry that John
> McCain's top financial advisor, Phil Gramm, authored in 1999, and that
> McCain himself pushed into law.
>
> http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=106_cong_public_laws&docid=f:publ102.106
>
> McCain is, if not personally responsible, largely responsible for the
> mess we're in.  Basically the only person more to blame is George
> Bush.

I've seen very few people who really enjoy twisting facts and creating
the rest as much as you do. Bush IS at fault, to some degree, by not
taking action sooner, but then, the LARGEST amount of blame is STILL the
demos., because this all could have been avoided during the Clinton
admin., but of course, demos. wouldn't listen then as now. I won't
mention the TOTALLY worthless Congress we have now, headed by Ms.
Marxist herself, Nancy Pelosi.

Fred

--
"While addressing the [GOP convention], Sarah Palin criticized
Barack Obama for not having enough 'specifics.' Obama was