[OFB Cafe] Sarah Palin: She's not ready

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sat Sep 13 19:34:43 CDT 2008

Steven Hatfield wrote:
> I have been pretty quiet about this Sarah Palin issue, but I think
> I'll chime in a little here, to bring some of my perspective to the
> list.
>
> This from an op-ed by Bob Herbert of the New York Times at http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/13/opinion/13herbert.html
>   ::
>

> "The Bush doctrine, which flung open the doors to the catastrophe in
> Iraq, was such a fundamental aspect of the administration’s foreign
> policy that it staggers the imagination that we could have someone no
> further than a whisper away from the White House who doesn’t even know
> what it is.
>
> You can’t imagine that John McCain or Barack Obama or Joe Biden or
> Hillary Clinton or Joe Lieberman would not know what the Bush doctrine
> is. But Sarah Palin? Absolutely clueless."

That's not entirely true, but when did lying every bother the Times?

I don't want to hear anyone complain about a lack of experience, even
about NOBama, who I consider a Marxist, and therefore not even worth the
"scrapings" of my dog yard. Teddy Roosevelt, one of the greatest Pres.
we've ever had, had LESS experience that NOBama and Sarah put together.

Fred

--
“While addressing the [GOP convention], Sarah Palin criticized
Barack Obama for not having enough ‘specifics.’ Obama was