[OFB Cafe] Sarah Palin: A candidate for Alaska, and maybe those other states, if she can find some money for them.

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Sep 9 21:07:49 CDT 2008

> "Alaska ranked 18th in federal taxes paid per resident ($5,434) but
> first in federal spending received per resident ($13,950). Its ratio
> of federal spending received to federal taxes paid ranks third among
> the 50 states, and in the absolute amount it receives from Washington
> over and above the amount it sends to Washington, Alaska ranks No. 1.

	Did Palin cause that? Let's research that a bit, eh?

	Also, where did those funds go? That makes a BIG difference.

> Palin is a Spend and Spend Conservative, and we're the ones paying the
> bill. Thanks to Palin, every single Alaskan gets a yearly $3200
> welfare check, which they yank right out of our pockets.  When are the

	Alaskans have gotten rebates, due to oil profits, for as long as I
can remember. What's new?

> And about that LIE that Palin is a "Real American";  How come she
> spent so much time and energy as part of a terrorist cult (Wasilla
> Assembly of God)

	Want to add some substance to how a AoG church is a terrorist cult?
Can you name one time they have participated in terrorist activity?
Incidentally, AoG is the 3rd largest group of Christians in the world,
behind the Catholics and Anglicans, I believe -- they aren't all that
common here in the U.S., but they are huge in the southern hemisphere.

> campaigning for Alaska to secede from the United
> States?  This woman doesn't want anything to do with the US, other
> than as a source of welfare checks for her "Homeland."

	It has been thoroughly discredited that she was a member of that
party, Fred.

	And, let us not forget Obama supported the "Akaka  Bill" (S. 310,
H.R. 505), which Sen. Akaka told NPR might lead to Hawaii's secession (http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110008503
).

	So, the Democratic presidential hopeful is tied with the GOP vice
presidential hopeful... again.

Timothy R. Butler | "Into this Universe, and why not knowing,
Editor, OFB.biz   | Nor whence, like Water willy-nilly flowing:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | And out of it, as Wind along the Waste,
timothybutler.us  | I know not whither, willy-nilly blowing."
                                            -- Edward FitzGerald