[OFB Cafe] Time Magazine and NY Times on Sarah Palin

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Thu Sep 4 18:28:49 CDT 2008

On Sep 4, 2008, at 8:27 AM, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> I can change the content-type header to "text/plain" and the email
> displays properly.
>
> ps: this is the *only* list where I see this problem and we had it
> earlier this year.  I can look up the time and instances if you need.

I think it is with the way Mailman enforced Plaintext by reducing HTML
to plaintext. Depending on how the message is sent, things can turn
ugly. I can allow HTML if y'all want, but that's not what the list
wanted earlier... Otherwise the best thing is for those posting with
HTML mail to switch to plaintext when posting.

Timothy R. Butler | "Bad is so bad, that we cannot but think good
Editor, OfB.biz   | an accident;  good is so  good, that  we feel
tbutler at ofb.biz   | certain that evil could be explained."
timothybutler.us  |                           -- G. K. Chesterton