[OFB Cafe] Political Challenge

Steven Hatfield stevenhatfield at mac.com
Tue Oct 28 17:05:50 CDT 2008

On Oct 28, 2008, at 5:34 PM, Timothy Butler wrote:

>> http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/mccain%20bush%20hug%20twn.jpg
>
> 	Yes, that proves that McCain really liked Bush despite the nasty
> 2000 primary campaign and the fact that McCain nearly left the GOP
> in the aftermath.
>

>> As far as the whole Ayres thing goes, let's look at the facts:
>>
>> 40 years ago, when Obama was 8 years old, Bill Ayres formed a group
>> that was responsible for the deaths of 3 of their own members and no
>> one else.
>
> 	But, of course, aimed to do quite a bit and did bomb a NYC Police
> Dept.

Yeah, what's up with that!? Why isn't he still in prison? Or did he
serve his time? Oh wait... the charges were dropped. Some terrorist he
is. He didn't even blow himself up!

>> Bill Ayres and Barack Obama have been in the same room
>> exactly 12 times since then, for meetings of a Chicago charity of
>> which they were both members.
>
> 	Obama also blurbed a book of Ayres, launched his political career
> at Ayres's home and Obama's own campaign described a "friendly"
> relationship between the men as late as early this year. CNN has a
> nice report:
>
> 	http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvROBLortBQ

He didn't launch his political career at Ayers' home - that is a flat
out lie. Ayers threw "a coffee" for him, just to toast his run for
political office. Obama's career was already launched.

>> 15 years ago, Joe Vogler, working with his Alaskan Independence
>> terrorist group, was killed when buying black market plastic
>> explosives. The Alaskan Independence party was, and still is, funded
>> by Iran, and believes in the secession of Alaska from the United
>> States by violent means. Todd Palin has been a registered member of
>> that group since 1996. Sarah Palin spoke at that group's annual
>> convention in 2008.
>
> 	Trying to tie Palin to Vogler is going to be a lot more
> difficult... actually, impossible.

Steven the super hero performs the impossible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmYqRfp6-x8

>> rather put an Iranian funded terrorist like Palin a heartbeat away
>> from the white house than let a black person anywhere near it.
>

> 	You know that is a lie as well as I do. The idea of trying to
> eliminate disagreement by shouting out false charges of racism is
> terribly unfortunate and brings an unneeded chill to free speech.

As my African American friend Mike Simmons once told me: "Racism is
alive and well in every part of America. It's been refined to be
nearly invisible to those that don't wish to see it for what it is."
The late George Carlin spoke about this numerous times in his standup
routines... you sugar coat the language until the meaning is clear but
the words sound harmless... unless you are the person (or people) that
those words are being spoken against.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not a racist. I have some black friends. I
just don't want to see one of them in the White House." - Millie from
Tennessee.

You are deluding yourself if you think that a lot of people will be
voting for McCain because of his good judgement, Tim.