[OFB Cafe] Political Challenge

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Oct 28 16:34:26 CDT 2008

> http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/mccain%20bush%20hug
> %20twn.jpg

	Yes, that proves that McCain really liked Bush despite the nasty 2000
primary campaign and the fact that McCain nearly left the GOP in the
aftermath.

> As far as the whole Ayres thing goes, let's look at the facts:
>
> 40 years ago, when Obama was 8 years old, Bill Ayres formed a group
> that was responsible for the deaths of 3 of their own members and no
> one else.

	But, of course, aimed to do quite a bit and did bomb a NYC Police Dept.

> Bill Ayres and Barack Obama have been in the same room
> exactly 12 times since then, for meetings of a Chicago charity of
> which they were both members.

	Obama also blurbed a book of Ayres, launched his political career at
Ayres's home and Obama's own campaign described a "friendly"
relationship between the men as late as early this year. CNN has a
nice report:

	http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvROBLortBQ

> 15 years ago, Joe Vogler, working with his Alaskan Independence
> terrorist group, was killed when buying black market plastic
> explosives. The Alaskan Independence party was, and still is, funded
> by Iran, and believes in the secession of Alaska from the United
> States by violent means. Todd Palin has been a registered member of
> that group since 1996. Sarah Palin spoke at that group's annual
> convention in 2008.

	Trying to tie Palin to Vogler is going to be a lot more difficult...
actually, impossible.

> rather put an Iranian funded terrorist like Palin a heartbeat away
> from the white house than let a black person anywhere near it.

	You know that is a lie as well as I do. The idea of trying to
eliminate disagreement by shouting out false charges of racism is
terribly unfortunate and brings an unneeded chill to free speech.

Timothy R. Butler | "He that has and a little tiny wit—
Editor, OFB.biz   | With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,—
tbutler at ofb.biz   | Must make content with his fortunes fit,
timothybutler.us  | For the rain it raineth every day."
                                   -- Feste the Fool (Shakespeare)