[OFB Cafe] Monarch Butterflys

Rick Bowers rwbowers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 11:09:58 CDT 2008

At Tuesday 10/14/2008 22:45, you wrote:
>We were treated to an unusual surprise today here in San
>Antonio.  The Monarch Butterflys came through on their annual
>migration south to Mexico.  They usually pass a bit to the west of
>us, so we normally don't get to witness the migration.  I recall
>seeing them during the summer in Missouri as a kid, but never knew
>they migrated south like birds.
>I suspect this means autumn is really here!  They try to get the
>migration done before the first frost.  It has really been "nice"
>around here lately... probably means cold weather is near.
>I just noticed an article today that the Alaska Glaciers were
>growing again after an unusually cold spring and summer this year.
>
>All ominous omens...   No Global Warming reported or documented yet
>this century... (since 1998).  Global Cooling anyone?
>
>-Don Spoon-

That's awesome, Don! For me, near Boston, I had the first of the
leaves begin to drop from the trees yesterday. It's getting to be
that time of year when the colder temperatures arrive and the rakes come out.

Last week-end was in the 70's as it has been all week. The
temperatures drop to the 40s/50s Friday night and the chance of rain
increases. Of course, I picked this week-end to go camping on Cape
Cod. It was planned a few months ago. Oh well.

~Rick