[OFB Cafe] AWESOME exposure of the REAL Obama, FoxNews, Sunday, 9PM EST!!

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Oct 14 16:46:13 CDT 2008

> 	But, Fred (or anyone else) feel free to talk me into switching it
> back. Whatever makes the list healthiest, I am all for.

	Incidentally, Chris has accused me of ties with the Klan, a totally
baseless, extremely incendiary charge (obviously), of which there is
no truth. The accusation came *after* I changed the list policy, just
to be clear; my motive in changing the policy was not based on this
vile attack[*]. Let me be clear, I have the utmost respect for Sen.
Obama breaking through as the first African American nominee for the
presidency, and my disagreements with him are not -- not even an iota
-- to do with his race. I have no tolerance for hate groups and
believe them an anathema to democracy.

	Having said that, because of Chris's charge, I'm going to lean
heavily on what list members post as to whether I should revert to the
old policy. As such, I encourage all list members who have any
feelings on the new list policy to require subscription for
unmoderated posting to please have a say in this thread, so I can base
a decision on the will of the community and not my own will.

	Right now, I'm not much in the mood to hear from Chris.

[*] I hope it is clear to everyone here, regardless of if you agree
with me politically or not, that I try to take a respectful tone other
than some light sarcasm with those I know I can do such with. My
position on this list is that it should encourage healthy
disagreements, but not personal attacks. Feel free to contact me if
you have concerns about my own postings or those of the rest of the
list. Better yet, send your comments to cafe-owner at ofb.biz, which will
cc Steven Hatfield, my faithful co-moderator, so you can trust you
will get a fair shake.

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Bad is so bad, that we cannot but think good
Editor, OfB.biz   | an accident;  good is so  good, that  we feel
tbutler at ofb.biz   | certain that evil could be explained."
timothybutler.us  |                           -- G. K. Chesterton