[OFB Cafe] Political Challenge

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Oct 13 17:08:01 CDT 2008

On Oct 12, 2008, at 4:27 PM, Kris Deugau wrote:

> Timothy Butler wrote:
>> Instead of what is worst about "the other guy," what do you like
>> best about the candidate you support? Maybe list two or three
>> things...
>
> FWIW, this applies almost as much to the Canadian election about to
> be decided....  but unfortunately the so-called leaders haven't
> given us much to work with on this front.  :(
>
> (It's pretty sad when you have to sit and *think* for some time to
> come up with even two items about any of the political leaders - and
> for several of them the first point boils down to "He/she isn't the
> other guy".)

	That is sad, and you guys are suppose to have it better with all of
your different parties. :-)

	I've been trying to catch up a bit on your elections, but I'd be
curious to hear you say what you see as the key distinctions between
the Liberal and Conservative parties, since I presume one of them will
win...

	It sounds like Premier Harper has the same problem Sen. McCain does
with the "Bush effect..."

Timothy R. Butler | "Friendship is born  at that moment  when
Editor, OfB.biz   |  one person  says to another,  'What! You
tbutler at ofb.biz   |  too?  I thought  I  was the only  one.'"
timothybutler.us  |  ><>                          -C.S. Lewis