[OFB Cafe] NRA Propaganda

Chris Olson chris.olson at live.com
Thu Oct 9 00:14:08 CDT 2008

The National Rifle Association is circulating and airing blatantly false ads on Senator Barack Obama's stance on gun issues.  The truth on these NRA ads can be found here:
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/nra_targets_obama.html

If you are an NRA member I urge you to contact the NRA at (800) 672-3888 and tell them to pull these ads or fix them to be truthful, or you can use their web contact form.
https://www.nrahq.org/contact.asp

I tried repeatedly to get thru on the phone today and was unsuccessful.  This is the message I sent them via their web contact form (and make sure you fill in your NRA ID when you send the form):

  I am a life NRA member and it has come to my attention that the NRA is circulating and airing ads containing blatantly false and misleading information during this presidential election.  I joined the NRA to protect my rights as a gun owner, not to have my money spent on circulating libelous material about a presidential candidate's stance on gun issues.  You have until the end of the week to either pull or fix these ads to reflect truthful information or you will lose me as a NRA member and I want my money refunded.

Forward this email to every NRA member you know.  It's one thing to give your money to an organization to be used responsibly in protecting your rights as a gun owner.  It's quite another to have your money WASTED circulating lies and propaganda.  The NRA has become as unruly and wasteful as government itself.  They need to be given the message that you support them only if they keep their operations respectful and truthful because when the non-gun owning public sees the NRA spreading blatant lies it makes ALL gun owners look bad.

Don't let the NRA get away with this.
--
Chris