[OFB Cafe] Who's Still on Here?

saki tjmc at torhouse.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 11:20:52 CDT 2008

Steven Hatfield wrote:

>> I think you confuse (as so many liberals do) your emotions for logic.
>> Pity really.
>>
>> Terence
>

> Here is some logic for you:
>
> * Domestic spying
>
> * Uncontrolled military spending
>
> * Random senseless wars

> * Unchecked government growth
>

> If you are a decent human being, you think that this is illogical (and
> lets face it, PURE EVIL) and should not continue.
>
> If you are racist and "hate the rag-heads", then this is good news to
> you, for many thousands of Iraqis have been killed in the illegal
> war... but that would just be an emotional way of dealing with your
> insecurities.
>
> Call it "liberal" all you want; I guess I am more logical than
> emotional when it comes to how people should treat each other.  McCain
> would stay the course in Iraq for the next 4 to 8 years, raping,
> pillaging and murdering as he goes through the middle east while Obama
> has vowed to stop this nonsense.  On that very basis alone, I will
> vote for Obama.
>
> Provided that some racist prick doesn't assassinate him first.

There is not a jot of logical argument in this diatribe.

There is a great deal of emotion, though, and a willingness to
assign/assume to me a great deal of non-sense for which you have no
justification.

You also do what is so common in this type of "argument" and that is to
assign to your prejudices words like "decent", and then by extension
anyone sensible of the flaws must be "indecent" or not decent.

Your progression to imputing to me (at least on one reading) that if I
am a racist then war is good news for me, is more of the same.

I think you've proved my contention!

Terence