[OFB Cafe] Who's Still on Here?

Kris Deugau kdeugau at deepnet.cx
Wed Jun 11 16:25:51 CDT 2008

Timothy Butler wrote:
> If you're on the list, why not post a bit about yourself, how you
> ended up on here, etc.

(Please pardon any typos and misplaced \'s;  I'm still getting used to
this @#$%^&# French/English keyboard with its grossly misplaced \ key(s)
on the new laptop.)

I'm probably one of the younger members of this list;  although
admittedly I'm old enough I really should have moved out of my parent's
basement if I were living something resembling a "normal" life.  <g>

I'm primarily a systems admin for a largeish medium-sized ISP in
Ontario;  a lot of my work recently has been babying legacy systems
until we can absorb their services onto our core systems.  I
occasionally get sucked into wireless access services (the branch office
I work from is in an area where 44k dialup is considered blazing fast
access in some neighbourhoods).  I'm also responsible for tuning our
spam filter, although that's really been on an "as I have time" basis.

I tend to lurk on a lot of lists;  I've ended up here through an
extended chain of list changes staring with Monolith's systalk at ml.org
list.  (IIRC, have to dig into my mail archive to be sure.)

-kgd