[OFB Cafe] Who's Still on Here?

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sun Jun 1 14:55:37 CDT 2008

wolfgang zerrmayr wrote:
> On Sunday 01 June 2008, Timothy Butler wrote:
>> If you're on the list, why not post a bit about yourself, (...)
>
> Yes. I am Wolfi from southern Germany ;-)
> I was born in 1968 -> old guy indeed :-)

Hehehehehe.......NOT! You get to be my age and then you can complain
about being "old." ;)

> I work as a CAD 'jerk' on CATIA V5 in automotive industry for several years
> now. Unluckily CATIA V5 is only working on Windoze :-( (and commercial UNIX
> flavours but they don't wanna fork out the money for those machines anymore).

No surprise there.

> I've been on SuSE Linux since edition 6.2 - today I am running openSUSE 10.3
> on several machines. I can add: 'with great success' since even my wife, who
> is a total anti-techy can handle it w/o problems.

My experience as well. openSUSE isn't "brain dead" like Ubuntu and some
others.

> I'm married (2nd attempt *gg*) and I got a son aged 13 and a daughter aged 7.

'Right attitudes will keep this one together.

> I got one serious addiction and that's long distance cycling. Last year I
> successfully finished the Paris-Brest-Paris brevet of 1200 kms in 79:12 hrs.
> Currently I am still a bit hung over from last weekend's 600 km brevet in
> southern bavaria, which has taken me 28:40 hrs to finish - including ten
> minutes of sleep.

'Certainly did better than I would!

> Is this all right? :-)

Works for me. ;)

Fred

--
Linux is an old Latin word meaning, "I don't have
to support your Windows anymore."