[OFB Cafe] Climatology vs. Climatism

Donald R Spoon drspoon at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 24 23:01:15 CDT 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> On July 24, 2008 23:45:18 Donald R Spoon wrote:
>
>> One of the
>> whispering Cavemen said to the other "Have you noticed how strange the
>> weather has been since Ogg started experimenting with the bow and arrow?"
>>
>> Some of the arguments I hear today have about as much causal relationship.

When I was attending elementary school in the late 1940s and 1950s, we
had a newspaper for kids called "The Weekly Reader".  It was to
encourage us to use our new reading skills and become aware of some of
the "current events" at the same time.  I can recall a SERIOUS debate on
the irreversible changes in the weather caused by the Atomic Bomb!  This
was back in the "Duck and Cover" days.  That was followed by the
"Nuclear Winter" scare, and now we have GW.

Seems like it's just one thing after another.  Hardly worth doing
anything more than waiting for the end...  :'(

BTW, on beers, I ran across "Moose Drool" while on a trip to Alaska last
year.  It is made in Montana, and is pretty good.  I also like Shiner
Bock made right here in Shiner, TX and the general class of brews called
"bitters" that are served in the pubs in England.

Also, Budweiser is now a BELGIAN beer!!  The company was bought by a big
Belgian brewing conglomerate just this month!  New slogan:  "This beer
is for EU"...

-Don Spoon-