[OFB Cafe] another win98 question

Rick rwbowers at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 17:21:47 CDT 2008

On 7/20/08, dep <dep at drippingwithirony.com> wrote:

> said Rick:
>

> (heavens -- upstairs i have a tp500 from 1993, b/w screen and a 386sx-25
> chip . . . and it still works. ran OS/2 on it for years.)
>
> so. now to try to make the linksys card work. oh, boy.
> --
> dep

I have a few dinosaurs around the house, myself. I've got a Dell CPxH laptop
that needs a new battery. I keep thinking I'll load some verion of linux on
it, and fire up the PCCard enet adapter for it. I think it's a Belkin.
802.11B. Memory? Probably 256MB -- possibly 512MB.

My mail/ftp/web server is in desperate need of upgrade. It runs linux-based
SME Server. I set it up years ago, back when SME was e-smith. It's a P2
(Cyrix?) chip, 233MHz, 64MB RAM. It has been running just fine for many
years -- just a bit slow these days. I'm trying to find the time to upgrade
it to a "new" motherboard; A P4/1.2GHz/1GB DRAM. I'm hoping it doesn't die
before I get teh time to upgrade.

~Rick