[OFB Cafe] another win98 question

Rick rwbowers at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 13:23:38 CDT 2008

On 7/20/08, dep <dep at drippingwithirony.com> wrote:

> said Peter Hollings:
>
> | M$ sold a CD that was 2nd edition upgrade only. You had to have either
> | 95 or 1st edition of 98 installed.
>
> alas, i believe what i have is full-boat 98se. i suppose it would be too
> much to ask that it behave like the upgrade . . .
> --
> dep

Again, taking into consideration that my brain cells have aged, I think the
full CD also updates Windows 98 to Windows 98SE.

You should be able to boot into Win98 and put the Win98 CD. It will either
autorun and ask if you want to install Win98SE or you can browse to the CD
and click "setup.exe". It *may* be in the D:\i386 directory.

~Rick

Get "Right By Me," the exciting new album from Marjorie Thompson