[OFB Cafe] Bio Fuels

Chris Olson chris.olson at live.com
Sat Jul 19 17:40:41 CDT 2008

From: Derek Broughton
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2008 12:03 PM
To: An Open Discussion Forum on Just About Everything,Especially for Techies.
Subject: Re: [OFB Cafe] Bio Fuels

> Does that apply to "Griesels" - burning straight vegetable oil?

The Federal fine is $1,000 first occurrence, $10,000 second time, $100,000 third offense for burning veggie oil straight.  Refined biodiesel is $10,000 first occurrence, $100,000 second time with 7 years in a Federal Pen.

Most states charge a $1,000 fine first time for either, $10,000 second time.

You're liable for both the Federal and State fines if caught (as my wife found out - she has to go to Federal Court on her deal next month).

They got another fiasco going too - people used to make biodiesel out of used restaurant grease.  They passed a law on that deal classifying restaurant grease as hazardous waste, along with all the requirements for record keeping and handling - all to collect the tax on biodiesel made from it.  Restaurant grease is no more hazardous to the environment than me taking a piss in the back yard.
--
Chris