[OFB Cafe] an actual computer-related question!

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sat Jul 19 01:51:36 CDT 2008

> so. trying to figure a way that this thing can be put online safely. i
> figure that getting opera would be good for browsing/email -- i
> think it
> can be tightened up pretty well.

	Sounds sensible enough. Firefox 2 might also be a good choice. I've
found Windows 98 actually handles being online without being
"hardened" better than Windows XP. Of course, that may have something
to do with that most people who run Windows 98 still also seem to
still have dial up internet...

	I really like Windows 98. I have ten unopened licenses (or
thereabouts in my basement -- stockpiled in case I'd need it for
anything).

Timothy R. Butler | "Bad is so bad, that we cannot but think good
Editor, OfB.biz   | an accident;  good is so  good, that  we feel
tbutler at ofb.biz   | certain that evil could be explained."
timothybutler.us  |                           -- G. K. Chesterton