[OFB Cafe] Photographers?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Jul 18 17:04:51 CDT 2008

On Jul 18, 2008, at 7:10 AM, Peter Hollings wrote:

> My work involves some photography for which I use a D60. It has a
> self-cleaning feature that I really didn't understand until you
> commented on the dust problem. It runs when you "boot" the camera and
> when you shut it down. I believe that it vibrates the sensor to
> dislodge

	Nice, isn't it? My 40D has that, although your D60 also, I believe,
blows a little air over the sensor to help dislodge things, which
seems like a good idea.

> any dust. Personally, I also have a Coolpix 4500.  This has a rather
> unusual feature in that the camera body is split in two and the two
> halves can be rotated. So, for example, you can rotate the LCD and
> lens
> to be both facing oneself and take a self portrait.

	That sounds neat!

> PS: Anyone here run MythTV? On a Dragon?

	I'm afraid I don't, at least. I use the cableco's DVR. First a Moxi
(which was Linux based) and now a more standard Motorola DVR.

Timothy R. Butler | "Now  that  I am a  Christian  I  do have moods
Editor, OfB.biz   | in which the whole thing looks very improbable:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | but when I was an  atheist I had moods in which
timothybutler.us  | Christianity looked terribly probable."
                                                       -- C.S. Lewis