[OFB Cafe] Bio Fuels

Rick Bowers rwbowers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 11:06:47 CDT 2008

At Friday 7/18/2008 10:30, you wrote:
>* Rick <rwbowers at gmail.com> [07-18-08 10:27]:
> > On 7/18/08, Fred Smith <fps at xicada.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The message made it through on my end yesterday.  Mailman might be
> > > configured not to send copies of email messages back to the senders. I
> > > can't really tell because gmail automatically filters duplicate
> > > messages for me.
> > >

> > I was looking in GMail and didn't see it. I see, now, that the original
> > message is showing up and has been replied to. But is displays ABOVE (i.e.
> > "newer than") my second posting.
>
>The *way* to use gmail and still see your own postings is to post with
>a gmail address via your own isp.  I relay outbound mail thru
>roadrunner using a gmail posting address and retrieve my mail from
>gmail via fetchmail, so gmail has never seen my outbound mail until it
>receives it from the list; no duplication  :^)

That is exactly how I do it.  I use Eudora on Windows to read all my
mailboxes. I filter all messages for easy reading and retrieval. All
my outgoing email goes through my home ISP.

When I didn't see the posting in Eudora, I went to GMail to see if it
was there. It wasn't this morning, but showed up after I re-posted
and Fred said he had seen it.

~Rick