[OFB Cafe] Bio Fuels

Patrick Shanahan patrick.shanahan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 09:30:59 CDT 2008

* Rick <rwbowers at gmail.com> [07-18-08 10:27]:
> On 7/18/08, Fred Smith <fps at xicada.com> wrote:
> >
> > The message made it through on my end yesterday.  Mailman might be
> > configured not to send copies of email messages back to the senders. I
> > can't really tell because gmail automatically filters duplicate
> > messages for me.
> >

> I was looking in GMail and didn't see it. I see, now, that the original
> message is showing up and has been replied to. But is displays ABOVE (i.e.
> "newer than") my second posting.

The *way* to use gmail and still see your own postings is to post with
a gmail address via your own isp.  I relay outbound mail thru
roadrunner using a gmail posting address and retrieve my mail from
gmail via fetchmail, so gmail has never seen my outbound mail until it
receives it from the list; no duplication  :^)