[OFB Cafe] Photographers?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Jul 18 00:36:24 CDT 2008

> Back in the mid 1970s I collected some lenses for my Pentax 35mm SLR
> camera.  I have a big zoom (out to 210mm IIRC) and another smaller one
> that does macro stuff, I think.  I know for sure they were screw mount
> for the Pentax camera body.
>
> Anyway, can anybody tell me if they would work on any modern Digital
> cameras?  If not, is there any market for any of that old 35 mm SLR
> stuff?  I know I am not giving very specific info, but I would have to
> dig through a couple of moves worth of boxes to find them...

	There are various adapters to adapt Pentax screw mount lenses to
various modern mounts. Example:

	http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/canon_eos_lens_adapter.htm

	I've read about varying success with them, but apparently some of
those adapters work well enough.

	If any of your stuff is Pentax K-mount bayonet, that will work
directly on a Pentax digital body.

Timothy R. Butler | "Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher
tbutler at ofb.biz   | is bound in  his  way to  be a lover of myths  and
www.uninet.info   | poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in
timothybutler.us  | being big with wonder."
                                                      -- Thomas Aquinas