[OFB Cafe] Photographers?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Jul 18 00:17:05 CDT 2008

> Just wetting my toes Tim, we were looking for a nice camera for me so
> I have a reason to get out of the house more and didn't want the Alpha
> 350 and waited for the Alpha 300 to come out. I'm a newbie when it
> comes to photography but as a graphic designer it always fascinated
> me.

	That sounds like a wise choice. I haven't seen any comparisons -- I
should look -- but I would guess the 350 would be somewhat noisier
without a lot of added benefit. The 300 looks like the best of the
200-300-350 series.

> I'm taking a few online courses and of course make heavily use of my
> Photoshop Elements. So far I like the camera, it's easy to work with
> when you're a beginner but still interesting if you're more of a pro.
> I like the tilted window with the live view. Ideal for me if I'm in my
> wheelchair and don't have to go lying on the ground to get a good
> view ;-)

	Tilt screens are great! I'm always getting in odd contortions when I
turn live view on my camera. I'm happy to have live view, at least,
but a tilt screen is just so great. Especially the sort Sony sticks on
their cameras.

> When I feel courageous I will post some of my photo's online and let
> you see what I shot ;-)

	Sounds great, I'd love to see them.

Timothy R. Butler | "Philosophy  always  requires  something  more,
Editor, OfB.biz   | requires the eternal,  the true, in contrast to
tbutler at ofb.biz   | which even the fullest existence as such is but
timothybutler.us  | a happy moment."
                                                -- Søren Kierkegaard