[OFB Cafe] Hicks and City Slickehs

Chris Olson chris.olson at live.com
Thu Jul 17 13:02:13 CDT 2008

From: Rick Bowers
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 12:05 PM
To: An Open Discussion Forum on Just About Everything,Especially for Techies.
Subject: Re: [OFB Cafe] Photographers?

> When I was visiting Brazil, everyone referred to me as "Hick"

Consider it an honor!  As opposed to being referred to as "City Slickeh".

Speaking about City Slickehs, take a look at what they've wrecked now with their concrete jungles:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/07/16/blue.crab.blues.ap/index.html

I'm going tell you what really pisses me off.  Shell Lake, only about 30 miles northwest of our farm, used to be so clear that you could see fish swimming in 20 feet of water.  The lake used to be excellent musky, northern and bass fishing.  Then the City Slickeh's from the Twin Cities Metro area decided that Sarona, just to the east of the lake, was a good spot to dump all their garbage.  So they bought some land, dug a big hole in the ground and hauled an average of 22 semi loads of garbage per day to their new hole.  The official numbers are an average of 560 TONS of garbage dumped in our beautiful Wisconsin North Woods every single day for the last 11 years.  Today, Shell Lake is so full of algae and the water so murky that the only fish left in the lake that survived are suckers and bullheads - all because of groundwater contamination and runoff from that landfill.

This planet needs a cleansing - I keep hoping for some sort of plague to set in and wipe out all the City Slickehs so we can dismantle their huge pollution-generating concrete jungles and return the land to something more productive.  When I'm on the Mississippi after a rain storm and watch the sewer water that drains off the streets of Minneapolis/St. Paul - polluted with oil, rubber and exhaust residue from cars, pieces of paper and other garbage - drain right into the Mississippi out of big pipes, it pisses me off so bad that I'd be all for pressing the Big Red Button and simply level and vaporize the whole affair with a 500 megaton nuclear device.  These City Slickehs live in their concrete jungles thinking they're the most important people on earth, while those of us who grow their food have to put up and deal with their swill holes they create.  City Slickehs, in my book, are one of the lowest and most despicable life-forms on earth.
--
Chris