[OFB Cafe] Photographers?

Rick Bowers rwbowers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 12:05:30 CDT 2008

At Thursday 7/17/2008 00:40, you wrote:
>Chris Olson wrote: > >> We use the spade, rake
>and broom, and you want to use > > No way
>dude.  For that I use my John Deere 455 Diesel
>lawn tractor, hydraulic roto-tiller and
>sweeper. > -- Point made I think.
>http://www.merriam-webster.com/ "hick 2 entries
>found. Main Entry:      1hick Listen to the
>pronunciation of 1hick
>Pronunciation:      \ˈhik\ Function:      noun
>Etymology:      Hick, nickname for Richard
>Date:      1669 : an unsophisticated provincial
>person" Terence
>author and do not represent those of Open for Business.

(Sorry, this is how I received this message)

"Hick, nickname for Richard "

I don't know about a nickname but, in Portuguese,
an 'R' is pronounced the way we pronounce an 'h'
in English. When I was visiting Brazil, everyone referred to me as "Hick".

Now, my family is from Iowa, but I live in
central Massachusetts. I suppose I'm a "hick"
because I don't subscribe to the "preppie" ways
of life and I hate big cities, but I'm not generally called that.

~Rick