[OFB Cafe] Photographers?

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Jul 17 08:58:41 CDT 2008

Timothy Butler wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2008, at 11:18 PM, Fred A. Miller wrote:
>
>> Timothy Butler wrote:
>>> dep's post gave me an idea. How many photographers do we have on this
>>> list? What do you shoot with? Film or digital? SLR or point-and-
>>> shoot?
>>>
>>> Just curious...
>> Digital only now.....SLR, ALL Canon glass......it's a money pit for
>> sure! ;)
>
> 	Quite true! I'm carefully trying to build a collection of Canon
> glass, but not too quickly. Pentax was tempting for all of the deals
> on quality, old glass that is still compatible with their cameras, but
> I liked Canon's overall line for my purposes.

The best glass is made by Canon and Nikon.....there's really no other
choice, IMHO.

> 	Not to long ago, I thought I was going to get a 180mm f/3.5L macro --
> Best Buy put it on sale for a ridiculously low price -- but they
> backed out and said it was an error. Alas.

In some states, they'd HAVE to honor the advertised price. One of the
lenses I have is the 100mm macro...also have the ring flash for it which
is GREAT for forensics. Their "L" glass is very expensive......like the
24-70mm.....paid $1,100 for it and it retails for around $1,500, if I
remember correctly. But, the results are worth the price!

I'll attach a pic. from the 2005 Hotrod Nationals I shot. 'Gotta shut
this down and boogie!

Fred

--
Linux is an old Latin word meaning, "I don't have
to support your Windows anymore."