[OFB Cafe] Engine overheating

Chris Olson chris.olson at live.com
Wed Jul 16 22:21:31 CDT 2008

From: Rick Bowers
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 2:29 PM
To: An Open Discussion Forum on Just About Everything,Especially for Techies.
Subject: Re: [OFB Cafe] Engine overheating

> Yes, it's my Durango/360 and, yes I've replaced these before. The
> fan/clutch in my '74 'Cuda mounted to the water pump with 4 bolts.
> The 360 in my Durango uses a single, threaded nut. A poor design, if
> you ask me. But I'm sure it's cheaper for Chrysler to build.

It's a horse apiece.  I don't think there's any advantage in one design over the other.

> When I picked up the Durango, the invoice was about $380! He CUT the
> fan off

WTF?

> I'm not clear on this part. Do you mean tighten the fan/clutch
> assembly to the water pump?

Yep.

Various companies make special wrenches to take them threaded fan clutch hubs off and install them again.  Like this one here:
https://00acba8.netsolstores.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=149759
--
Chris