[OFB Cafe] Gore's New Energy Device

Donald R Spoon drspoon at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 14 19:26:31 CDT 2008

Derek wrote:

> So you're still playing with gas turbines! This sounds great - more
> places should be using them. 1.7MW isn't huge, but it's power that
> otherwise goes to waste (and producing CO2 and water from the methane
> _reduces_ the amount of greenhouse gas created by the landfill), and
> it could power a small town.
> -- derek
Chris glossed over what he did with his RV's broken gasoline generator.
He replaced it with an off-the-shelf battery-pack and an inverter setup
that was a pretty cool bit of engineering if you ask me!  He can
recharge the batteries off either the commercial mains, his truck
running down the road while towing, or off the solar panel on the RV.
It meets one of the goals you mention (reduced production of CO2).  I
believe the cost was about the same or less than a new Gasoline
generator would have cost... Chris can fill you in on the details.  It
was something I think even I could do!!  It looked to me like a pretty
good emergency power setup too...

Over to you, Chris for the "HOWTO"!

BTW, some pics of the setup on your site would be nice...

-Don Spoon-