[OFB Cafe] Life is Great

Chris Olson chris.olson at live.com
Sat Jul 12 22:58:16 CDT 2008

From: Donald R Spoon
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2008 10:17 PM
To: Cafe Blog
Subject: [OFB Cafe] Life is Great

> The only thing I can think of that would beat it would be sitting in the
> back of Chris' supersonic "bass boat", sucking on a cool Moose Drool,
> heaving sicks of dynamite off the fantail ("fishing") while running from
>  the "revenuers".

LOL!  I went and picked the boat up this afternoon at Crystal-Pierz Marine.  They got the lower unit fixed on the outboard before they closed at 3:00 this afternoon.  Never tried it out today though.  My wife increased the size of her horse and beef herd so now I got a new project - cut more hay for these critters.  We hired our haying done last year but the guy we hired last year couldn't cut hay this time.  So I went to Kohel Power Equipment this morning and spent $42,000 on a brand new John Deere 956 Hay Mower.

I just got done uploading one of my picture collections to my website (haven't had time to add captions yet, though) - here's a picture of my new Hay Mower (after I'd used it to cut 42 acres of hay, so it's not new anymore) - it's photo 41 in that album - if you click on "Full View" in the right column you can get a full screen slideshow of the whole thing:
http://chris-olson.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!EFEB4F5150FDCE3!565/

Now, this new hay mower that I got is pretty cool.  It's like the ultimate lawnmower and it takes 190 PTO horsepower to run the cutter bar on it.  I proudly showed my new toy to Cheryl and right away she asks, "Hey, will that thing mow brush in the horse pasture?"  I was going thru the big spiel about how she's not allowed to touch my new hay mower to mow ANYTHING with it and she turns and walks towards the horse barn and says, "Fine, I'll go buy my own brush mower...........and maybe I'll buy my own tractor too............"

Hmmmmph.......

We're going to the lake tomorrow to try the boat out.  Wanna' ride along and fulfill that dream of yours?  You have to bring your own dynamite though.......
--
Chris