[OFB Cafe] Life is Great

Donald R Spoon drspoon at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 12 22:17:39 CDT 2008

I just got back from eating at the El Chaperral, my favorite Tex-Mex
establishment around here in San Antonio.

http://www.texascooking.com/features/aug2005_el_chaparral.htm

It is located in Helotes, TX which is a suburb on the NW side just at
the start of the "hill country" up State Highway 16 North towards
Bandera, TX.  We enjoyed the company of my daughter and her husband plus
the two grandkids.   As we came out the sun was setting behind the low
hills to the west, and there was that purple glow of dusk in the sky.
There was a breeze blowing and the temp was a balmy 84 degrees F, down
from a high of 94 today.   Overall, a  quite excellent evening!

I am rather pleased and content...

The only thing I can think of that would beat it would be sitting in the
back of Chris' supersonic "bass boat", sucking on a cool Moose Drool,
heaving sicks of dynamite off the fantail ("fishing") while running from
the "revenuers".

;-)

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-