[OFB Cafe] Introductions?

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Sat Jul 12 15:44:29 CDT 2008

On July 11, 2008 18:39:24 Donald R Spoon wrote:
> > BTW what does everyone use? I know Tim is on OSX (or an Apple OS anyway)
> > and Fred is on SuSE 11.
>
> I am like you... Debian in the main and Winders XP for the wife and
> Quicken / Turbotax.

I got really fed up with dual booting, and even more fed up with supporting my
wife's XP system.  But I still can't ditch XP (though I've been running
Quicken under Wine for years).  So I run Ubuntu with an XP image in
virtualbox.  My wife's system now runs exactly the same thing - and its
virtualbox runs the same XP image (into which she isn't allowed to install
anything!), so that I can at least just drop my copy of the XP image back
onto her system when it screws up.

> I think he is mad at me because
> I accused him of fishing with dynamite... ;-)

Being Chris, I'd expect something a little more high-tech - though I do recall
him describing experiments with fertilizer ...

> BTW, I am SO old that I knew Chris and Dereck when we were fooling
> around with Corel Linux 1.0 and KDE version 1.??!  Now THAT makes me an
> "old Geezer" if anything does!

No way!  Coz I was there, and I'm merely approaching middle age (I'll be 50
this year).
--
derek