[OFB Cafe] Cafe List

Chris Olson chris.olson at live.com
Sat Jul 12 07:53:06 CDT 2008

Tim,

What's up with your Café list?  It seems to remove all formatting from emails.  I posted a message in reply to Don's post last night and that never appeared, I suspect because I don't use plain text email and put a smile emoticon in my message.

I realize that whenever more than one linux user gathers, we have talk of "MickySoft", "the evil empire", "the dark side", and the dark ages of 40 character wide Unix terminal computing are held up as the epitome of all things.  I would imagine these people also only have black and white TV's in their living room?

I guess there's two kinds of Cafés;  the type where the clientele is prim and proper and sits in their booth saying nothing much of anything, sipping on their latte and eating crumpets, and they pay the guest check with a credit card - pretty much totally boring.   Then there's the type like the Barron Farmers Union Cenex Truckstop where the clientele is a boisterous, rowdy crowd that likes their coffee strong and black, eats ham and eggs, and pays with cash.  I'm from the Truckstop crowd - unfortunately your Café here doesn't serve my type of food.

I'll get TechTalk working again at some point, when I get a chance to fix the corrupted MySQL database tables, and maybe I'll call it the TruckStop instead.  But like always, at the TruckStop people will be able to post pictures of their grandkids and vacations, there are no rules, nothing is moderated, nothing is off-topic, and it's never boring........
--
Chris