[OFB Cafe] Fwd: Introduction

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Jul 9 00:43:44 CDT 2008

> Road Runner is dead and buried here.  I gave them the heave-ho when
> they
> refused to correct a very slow connection rate problem for over two
> months.  I now get my kicks talking to the Time Warner sales people
> who
> periodically call me up to get me to sign up for any and all of their
> "services".   I stopped their TV last January, when I found that
> Direct
> TV with all the same channels was $20 cheaper per month!  I am now
> Time
> Warner Free!!  AT&T DSL and phone serice now and don't regret it a
> bit!

It is fun seeing them fight, isn't it? I have a triple play through
Charter cable which AT&T can't seem to beat. But, they dutifully send
someone around every few months to see if I want to switch so that I
can pay $20-$30 more a month. It's a hard to refuse offer. :-)

I'm actually irritated at both companies for different reasons at the
moment, but that's a long story. Maybe I'll switch to a totally Wi-Max
based solution when Sprint & Friends brings it around here!

Timothy R. Butler | "Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher
tbutler at ofb.biz   | is bound in  his  way to  be a lover of myths  and
www.uninet.info   | poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in
timothybutler.us  | being big with wonder."
                                                      -- Thomas Aquinas