[OFB Cafe] Fwd: Introduction

Donald R Spoon drspoon at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 9 00:25:00 CDT 2008

> Message: 5 Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:31:07 -0300 From: Derek Broughton
> <derek at pointerstop.ca> Subject: Re: [OFB Cafe] Fwd: Introduction To:
> "An Open Discussion Forum on Just About Everything, Especially for
> Techies." <cafe at ofb.biz> Message-ID:
> <200807081031.07512.derek at pointerstop.ca>
>
> If Don was as old a geezer as he claims, he'd be dead by now.  It must be
> almost 10 years since I first saw him say that...
>
> I guess I can remove your old Road Runner address from my address book, Don.
> -- derek
Hi Derek!

I am STILL an "old geezer"... just older!  Nobody dared to revoke my
geezer's license.  I guess I am a tad bit uglier too...

Road Runner is dead and buried here.  I gave them the heave-ho when they
refused to correct a very slow connection rate problem for over two
months.  I now get my kicks talking to the Time Warner sales people who
periodically call me up to get me to sign up for any and all of their
"services".   I stopped their TV last January, when I found that Direct
TV with all the same channels was $20 cheaper per month!  I am now Time
Warner Free!!  AT&T DSL and phone serice now and don't regret it a bit!

You still living off the grid?

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-