[OFB Cafe] clean air

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Jan 27 19:28:39 CST 2008

> the new machine is in a case approximately the size and shape of a
> toaster
> oven, with a couple of *big* fans on the back and vent holes, ala a
> tube-type shortwave radio, on the sides near the front. i'm
> thinking that
> some filtration over these, while not perfect, would substantially
> lower
> the amount of dust that gets inside.

	Yes, those are neat cases!

> kinda cool in one respect (that has nothing to do with case and only a
> little to do with airflow): the motherboard and chip both came with
> overclocking instructions. which i haven't done, but it does
> suggest to me
> that the chip and board are pretty robust.

	I wonder what would happen if you cut out part of a normal furnace
air filter?

Timothy R. Butler | "Into this Universe, and why not knowing,
Editor, OFB.biz   | Nor whence, like Water willy-nilly flowing:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | And out of it, as Wind along the Waste,
timothybutler.us  | I know not whither, willy-nilly blowing."
                                            -- Edward FitzGerald