[OFB Cafe] clean air

dep dep at linuxandmain.com
Sun Jan 27 19:18:26 CST 2008

said Timothy Butler:

| 	Never thought about such a thing... presumably, wouldn't you need a
| case that was well sealed every place other than where the filter
| was? Perhaps one of those refrigerated cases? Personally, I just haul
| my computer outside and spray it with compressed air once a year or so.

the new machine is in a case approximately the size and shape of a toaster
oven, with a couple of *big* fans on the back and vent holes, ala a
tube-type shortwave radio, on the sides near the front. i'm thinking that
some filtration over these, while not perfect, would substantially lower
the amount of dust that gets inside.

kinda cool in one respect (that has nothing to do with case and only a
little to do with airflow): the motherboard and chip both came with
overclocking instructions. which i haven't done, but it does suggest to me
that the chip and board are pretty robust.
--
dep

Reporting a crooked lawyer to the bar association
is like reporting a child molester to NAMBLA.
						-- me