[OFB Cafe] anybody know anything about kde icon themes?

dep dep at linuxandmain.com
Thu Jan 24 20:31:05 CST 2008

said Timothy Butler:

| 	Yes, what could be better than Debian's package manager? I love apt-
| get. I almost could have been sold on a vanilla Debian install after
| a short time perched there. If Ubuntu had been out a few years
| earlier, it might have saved me from jumping off the Linux island.

kubuntu is extremely cool. today i sought to install the nvidia
closed-source drivers. downloaded a python app called envy. told it to go
get and install the drivers. first, for it to run itself, it had to
install a few pagkages, which it did. then, for the nvidia drivers to work
it needed to install a few more packages (all of these from the debian
repository, so trusted), which it did. then it installed and configured
the drivers. worked perfectly. i remember long nights searching for rpms
or source tarballs to fix some compile problem.

that having been said, dpkg, dselect, and aptitude are as incomprehensible
as emacs. well, not so much dpkg, though its man page is gibberish.

but if there'd been a debian distro that was this easy a decade ago, there
would be a lot more linux desktops. also, i'd have saved probably two or
three months of work!
--
dep

Reporting a crooked lawyer to the bar association
is like reporting a child molester to NAMBLA.
						-- me