[OFB Cafe] PD: Something to Fan the Flames... OFB Endorses Candidates

dep dep at linuxandmain.com
Wed Feb 13 07:55:48 CST 2008

said Fred Smith:

| McCain went on record today to say that he doesn't think the
| constitution is worth the paper it's printed on.   Clinton, the other
| republican running for president, had more important things to do than
| to weigh in on the debate.   Obama was the only major candidate to say
| that the fourth amendment means anything.

that's just crap and nonsense, as is much of the complaint re. the patriot
act. the constitution nowhere protects all communications. just plain
doesn't. and case law assembled over 200 years demonstrates that in
wartime and for the national defense extraordinary actions may be taken.
this is not now and never has been in doubt.

that you are so troubled by what you perceive as an attack on the fourth
amendment -- which it isn't -- while apparently being unconcerned with the
first (the "free exercise" clause) or the second (all of it, which is the
defense against government abuses, btw), suggests that you're off in some
bread and circuses world . . . which is the *real* threat.

the framers would certainly agree with me on this.
--
dep

Reporting a crooked lawyer to the bar association
is like reporting a child molester to NAMBLA.
						-- me