[OFB Cafe] Old video cards

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Feb 1 23:27:29 CST 2008

> ... assuming I can find one, since they're no longer made.
>
> *sigh*  I have a feeling I'm going to end up buying a couple of
> cards of
> various chipset vintages and testing them live.

	Just to hijack this thread, this makes me wonder if PCs are getting
old enough that it is time for someone to come out with a vintage
machine meant just to run older games and such. I have fond memories
of a few old DOS based games, and what if there was a cheap, itty-
bitty system-on-a-chip that had everything that was needed, e.g like
the Atari mini-systems that have come out...

	Of course, perhaps the best solution is to use something like
VMware? Can it emulate the right set of video cards, etc.? Maybe Bochs?