[OFB Cafe] JOE BIDEN: RIAA STOOGE

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Aug 31 13:48:54 CDT 2008

> McCain is the one that wants to raise your taxes and dump them into
> government sponsored welfare programs, all the while spending more
> than he takes in by simply printing more money and devaluing your
> currency.   McCain is the one that wants to replace privately run
> industries with government agencies.

	Uh, how in the world would you come to that conclusion? McCain wants
to keep and extend tax cuts. McCain wants to avoid a huge government
healthcare program. Obama wants to rescind tax cuts and introduce the
largest expansion of the government since the New Deal. The way you
make it sound, Obama should be running for the LP nomination, but even
pro-Obama CNN suggested Obama's programs would cost billions of
dollars beyond the current budget.

	I think that much is fairly neutral. Generally the debate isn't on
who is for bigger government, but whether that is a good thing or not.
If you think taking from the rich (which doesn't include me, just so
you know) to pay the poor is good, that's a fine point to debate. If
you think healthcare should be provided by the government to anyone
who wants it, that's another fine point of debate. Some think wealth
redistribution is laudable, and while I'd be happy to debate it, first
we need to admit which party advocates wealth redistribution and which
one doesn't.

	John McCain and Sarah Palin both have reputations, well earned, for
being fiscal conservatives. Palin -- the only person on either ticket
with executive experience, I do believe -- helped cut down the Alaskan
budget. Actions speak louder than words. That's why conservatives are
fired about McCain-Palin; I'd suggest Libertarians have reason to be
excited too (as excited as warranted by either major party's ticket).

	[Cut to scene of me smiling knowingly in front of a flag.] I'm Tim
Butler and I approved this message. ;-)

Timothy R. Butler | "Bad is so bad, that we cannot but think good
Editor, OfB.biz   | an accident;  good is so  good, that  we feel
tbutler at ofb.biz   | certain that evil could be explained."
timothybutler.us  |                           -- G. K. Chesterton