[OFB Cafe] Tech Buzz: Who Deserves the Tech Vote?

Fred Smith fps at xicada.com
Tue Aug 26 15:11:58 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Rick Bowers <rwbowers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally, I don't see what you find so wrong with the Midwest. I've
> been in all the lower 48 states; all except for Louisiana before I
> was 14. I've been to many countries outside of the US as well; at
> least 12 - 15.
>
> Having seen all of that geography, I would happily live in the
> Midwest before many other areas.

I've also been to much of the midwest, and there aren't a whole lot of
places on earth I'm less interested in living. To tell someone from
any coastal area in the US that they should move to the midwest
because of hurricanes is laughable. It's like telling someone who
catches the flu every few years that they should just kill themselves
to avoid those flu symptoms.