[OFB Cafe] Tech Buzz: Who Deserves the Tech Vote?

Rick Bowers rwbowers at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 13:49:59 CDT 2008

At Tuesday 8/26/2008 11:34, you wrote:
>On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:
> >        The midwest is wide open. That's what often confuses me. Here in St.
> > Louis, we have some of the cheapest home prices and cost of living
> > costs of anywhere in the country. (Cheaper than, say, Florida). We
> > also don't have hurricanes.
>
>You have to be pretty desperate to live in a shithole like the Midwest.

Personally, I don't see what you find so wrong with the Midwest. I've
been in all the lower 48 states; all except for Louisiana before I
was 14. I've been to many countries outside of the US as well; at
least 12 - 15.

Having seen all of that geography, I would happily live in the
Midwest before many other areas.

If you don't like it, be happy you don't (have to) live there. But it
isn't necessary to call it a "shithole". It isn't.

~Rick