[OFB Cafe] Homeland Security: We can seize laptops for an indefinite period

Peter Hollings PeterHollings at Comcast.net
Thu Aug 7 20:53:01 CDT 2008

Well, as I understand the Constitution to be the foundation of all law,
this is illegal. They need probable cause and a judicially issued
warrant to perform a search or seizure.

Why are they not following the law? I know that they would argue that
this is necessary for public safety following terrorist attacks, but we
have never had a proper investigation of  those attacks.

We do not really know who did them.

Peter Hollings