[OFB Cafe] Tuesday, Boris the Mayor, and Thomas the Rhymer

Derek Broughton auspex at pointerstop.ca
Mon Aug 4 11:17:51 CDT 2008

On July 29, 2008 23:03:29 Timothy Butler wrote:
> On Jul 29, 2008, at 12:41 AM, saki wrote:
> > Tim is it us or is it spreading....?
>
> 	Clearly, it is spreading! Soon the world will recognize "his
> ineffable effable, Effanineffable, Deep and inscrutable singular"
> place as the poet of the twentieth century!

Last week I finally got around to watching Season 3 of the new Doctor Who
(Terence would have to know what that is, but for the rest of you you need to
have either been born in the UK as I was, or be terminally geeky - which I
suppose also applies).

In the episode "The Lazarus Experiment", there were at least two Eliot quotes
(though I have to admit "not with a bang but a whimper" is slightly
overused).
--
derek