[CS-FSLUG] Greetings

Josiah Ritchie josiah.ritchie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 09:55:39 CST 2020

God has seen fit to change a lot of my family's world in the last year. At
His direction I left a great job at Church Community Builder as a Linux
System Admin, traveled back to the east coast and became a DevOps Engineer
for a company named Solute. So these days I spend most of my days working
in the kubernetes ecosystem; managing docker containers through the use of
various tools that make software pipelines in hybrid cloud environments. It
is all a very natural progression of basic Linux with the idea of one tool
doing one thing and piping that into another tool ending with some product.
The only part that really changes is the tools being used, but the
philosophy remains. As a full-time remote worker, the skills I learned from
hanging around in remote communities like this are put to good use.

When I'm away from that, I find myself spending less time on the tech and
more being with nature. Looking to get a garden started again now that I'm
no longer in the sandy, arid landscape of Colorado's eastern plains. We do
miss the mountains though.