[CS-FSLUG] Microsoft Technology Mandated in GA Colleges?

Chad Fluegge chadfluegge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 09:35:50 CST 2013

I currently attend Michigan Technological University and all
students/faculty have access to free MS products via MS' DreamSpark
program. I believe that any secular university can participate in this
program.

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com>wrote:

>  Microsoft is buying loyalty, the Apple way, by indoctrinating
> students in classrooms in Georgia.
>
> Microsoft gives "free" software to college students in Georgia,
> and Microsoft products are used and taught in the University,
> thus continuing a cycle.
>
> It is the same technique used by drug dealers.  Here is Microsoft's
> spin:  http://www.rgerhart.com/uploads/8/3/2/1/8321687/georgia.pdf
>
> Where else is this happening & why is it tolerated?
>
> Centers of education should be centers of diversity - not closed-shops
> for the commercial promotion of proprietary products.
>
> LibreOffice http://www.libreoffice.org/ and Moodle https://moodle.org/
> are free and meet most educational needs.
>
> Taking this fiscal and organizational short-cut is not in the best interest
>
> of students.  Shame on the Georgia Board of Regents.
>
> --
> List(s) of made in the USA: http://www.devvy.com/made_inthe_usa.htmlHenry

*Chad Sr, Jess, Lil' Sam, Cynthia, & CJ Fluegge*
Psalms 61:5* For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the
heritage of those that fear thy name.
*Ezra 7:10* For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD,
and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.