[CS-FSLUG] Microsoft Technology Mandated in GA Colleges?

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Mon Jan 7 16:52:01 CST 2013

Yama,
One of the problems with email is I cannot read body language as well
to know how far to take a conversation.  For me, I always enjoy
talking about this subject even though we (I, or the people I talk to
about it) rarely change our opinions.  There is often a lot that I
can learn.  I try to keep in mind that the "great commandment" was to
love the Lord and then to love our neighbor as ourselves, not to
"defend our opinions."  So as such, I am not going to pursue a
"defense of my opinions" much deeper.  I have seen some of these
discussions (Linux vs Microsoft) drive people off of email lists (and
actually cause more damage than that; I know a few relationships that
were shattered by some vocal discussions on this topic), so I would
much rather stop, what is to me, an interesting discussion, before it
gets too close to being painful.  If it has gotten painful for you
already, I do apologize.  I suspect you and I could have swapped a
few more emails before things got too heated between us, but we are,
after all, on an email list, and I also do not want to give other
folks who are reading along any heartache.

I will say, lest you worry about me personally, that I joined this
list because I do like Linux, and I do like how the use of Linux can
help the body of Christ.  There are a few areas in our discussion
where my opinion does not mesh with yours, but I am fine with that. I
would much rather keep the community together than to knock heads.

I have enjoyed this set of emails; I hope you have too.

     - Tim Young