[CS-FSLUG] Quadrennial Hosting Sale

dcolburn at bibleseven.com dcolburn at bibleseven.com
Tue Jan 1 10:13:58 CST 2013

Tim,

     It's a real good opportunity!

     I looked real hard at this but it's the worse time of year to spend
$120. up front.

     We are currently on Bluehost.

David

> Hi ChristianSource and Mac-Min friends,
> As those of you who have known me for a long time know, every four
> years or so I get the itch to upgrade the server I provide web hosting
> on and every four years I offer a special hosting sale in conjunction
> with the upgrade (the last sale was July 2008). I also do that so I
> don't bug folks on here with advertising.
>
> Instead of offering allegedly unlimited bandwidth or storage, I offer
> what I can actually afford to provide. As long as you don't violate
> the terms of service, you may use the space as you wish. I do not host
> adult content on my server and I know the names of every one of my
> clients so you can rest assured your site will never be sharing an IP
> address with porn, spammers, etc. Here are the terms of service:
>
> http://www.serverforest.com/aup-tos.html
>
> Also, these are "self-managed" hosting plans. I'm here if you have a
> critical issue, but I'm primarily offering it to folks who can do the
> vast majority of the work themselves. The cPanel control panel on the
> server allows you to create e-mail addresses, forwarders, MySQL
> databases, etc.
>
> Why do this and not go with a bigger provider? My main selling point
> is obsessive data protection. Everything will be stored on quality
> RAID hard disks (i.e. everything will be stored twice for data
> safety). Additionally, everything will be backed up on site and to an
> entirely separate datacenter every night. I've never lost a client's
> data. Period. Likewise, I have fewer than 50 accounts on the server
> right now, meaning that you aren't sharing space with hundreds of
> other sites that could lead to your site being compromised, etc. The
> main purpose of the server is to host my own web sites and projects I
> support like ChristianSource and CATUG/Mac-Min, so I care deeply about
> seeing the machine run well. _I have provided 99.999% uptime over the
> last four years_, so while the cost is a bit higher, I believe I can
> beat even many enterprise grade hosts on reliability.
>
> *PINE *EXTREME
> Disk Space: 3,000 MB (3x my normal plan)
> Transfers: 75,000 MB (45,000 MB more than normal)
> E-mail accounts: 200 (120 more than normal)
> Databases: 8
> Additional Domains: 75 (3x more than normal)
> FTP Accounts: 40 (4x more than normal)
> Cost: *$10/month* (prepaid annually or $2.50 more per month for
> semi-annual payment)
>
> *MAPLE *EXTREME
> Disk Space: 7,000 MB (over 3x my normal plan)
> Transfers: 125,000 MB (75,000 MB more than normal)
> E-mail accounts: 400 (200 more than normal)
> Databases: 20 (2x more than normal)
> Additional Domains: 110 (2x more than normal)
> FTP Accounts: 60 (3x more than normal)
> Cost: *$20/month* (prepaid annually or $3.50 more per month for
> semi-annual payment)
>
> *REDWOOD *ENTERPRISE (exclusive SALE plan)
> Disk Space: 50,000 MB (over 8x more than any normal plan)
> [...]

Draw nearer to the Lord and He will bless you,

David M. Colburn, DMin. MaCo
Personal Site: bibleseven.com

Bible Study Resource: bible.org

I don't google I SEARCH! startpage.com

1 Cor. 15:22 "For just as in Adam all die, so also in
Christ all will be made alive."(NET)